Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Daily Journal #8

AUTUMN.  Autumn is my favorite season.  It is the perfect temperature about 75 percent of the time, the other 25 percent being rain or an unusually chilly day.  I can come out to my car after school, and it won't be 110 degrees on the inside, and I will actually be able to put my red Grand Am into drive and hold my steering wheel for longer than .2 seconds.  My car will be just toasty enough to warm me up after the slightly brisk walk to the parking lot.  It's amazing!  My Grand Am will not be too cold either.  I don't have to turn my car on ten minutes early to let the engine warm up, and I don't have to sit and freeze in it after school while I wait for Leanne to get to my car, even though she usually beats me to my car anyway.  ALSO, my birthday is in autumn- October 23rd to be exact!
Another reason I like autumn is that I like to wear jeans.  I know what you're thinking: WOAH! NICK CAMPBELL IN JEANS?  BUT HE ONLY WEARS CARGO SHORTS!  However, I have recently started to wear jeans more often, and I have found that I like them more.  I have really long legs, and I like to think that jeans make them look shorter.  It is too hot to wear them in the summer, but for autumn they are just right.  I also like to wear this Hollister sweater, and autumn is the perfect temperature for it.  I wear it everyday!
Autumn is also pretty neat because of the trees.  Some trees just bypass the pretty colors though and go straight to being brown and dead.  I do not like those trees.  The trees in Washington Park are always very pretty, especially the ones by the Carillon because they are a nice shade of mustard yellow.  I have a friend who likes to collect autumn leaves, and she always goes to the park to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment