Monday, September 12, 2011

Daily Journal #4

I go on vacations all the time. I used to go to Colorado every summer with my grandparents and my older brother. We drove all the way to Wyoming and we stopped at a lot of places along the way. They were these interesting camp sites and landmarks and things like that. We had a cabin that we went to in the same park every year and we would hike around the area for a couple of days and then we would go fishing and things like that for a couple of days. Then we would drive around the surrounding area and visit different historical and geographical sites. Since I was very young, I do not remember most of it but I do remember getting very homesick really easily. Also being so young had its perks because I had a very short attention span (and I guess the same could be said about me now, but that is neither here nor there) and I would just as quickly find something that would take my mind off of home. Then one year we got in a car accident and the next year I was afraid to go so I stayed home but I regret it because they had a really good time.

I also have been many places by both car and airplane because my mom has moved around the country because my step-dad got better jobs but they were based in different cities. She lived in Springfield, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Ann Arbor, and now she lives near Washington D.C. As you can see, I have had my fair share of flying by myself. It is harder to get homesick on an airplane because they are so fun to ride on and the flight attendants are very nice to the kids that ride by themselves. All of those plane rides back and forth may have been what got me interested in aerospace engineering, which is what I want to study when I go to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment