Monday, October 24, 2011

Daily Journal #12

Well, this is an odd question to ask. There are many different directions I could take this. Well, obviously I’m going to take the route that gives me the most words so that I can finish this blog as fast as I can. If I were to write my own rules for what was right and what was wrong, it would look fairly similar to what they are currently. I think that you should basically be able to do whatever you wanted, as long as it did not infringe upon anyone else’s rights. I think that would cover most things like murder, theft, and things like that. I think that eventually I would change my rules a little by little until they are basically the same as they are now just because of the fact that I believe that the rules that people make are ones that every person thinks are fair rules just because it is the way that most people think. Granted, there are a few crazy people out there that would not agree with some of the rules that are only there to protect them, but that will always happen. It is simply human nature to want to set up a set of rules and guidelines as to help us discern right from wrong. Most people would agree that there would be no murder, no stealing, nothing like that, which shows that rules for some things don’t have to be written down or explicitly stated for people to believe. There are some more intricate things that would need their own rules due to their complex nature. Thinks like how banks should act and how we should handle our economy and other complicated things that do not fall into whether or not it hurts someone else, directly, or indirectly.

I think that businesses should be required to pay all of the taxes that they are supposed to, especially big businesses that make billions every year but they somehow manage to slip through some loopholes *cough* G.E. *cough*cough*.

1 comment: