Monday, October 24, 2011

Daily Journal #11

There are many different aphorisms that I could choose to analyze. There’s “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”, “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link”, “a fool and his money are soon parted”, “a job worth doing is worth doing well”, “a man is known by the company he keeps”, “a rose by any other name would smell as sweet”, “actions speak louder than words”, “history repeats itself”, and many, many, many more. My favorites include “a fool and his money are soon parted” because I like money and I have some past experience where I have bought some things foolishly and then regretted it, “a man is known by the company he keeps” because I have found it very true when applied to some people at our school, and “actions speak louder than words”. I think that I will write about “actions speak louder than words” mostly just because it is really easy to write for a long time about and before I know it, I’ll be done with this blog and I’ll be on to the next three I have to do and then do my vocabulary for unit two and then AP chemistry and Spanish. It is going to be a fun night, and it’s already two in the morning.


I think that it is very true that actions do indeed speak louder than words because there are a lot of people that say they are going to do something, they get really ambitious and then they get everyone’s hopes up and then they never come through. This is very prevelant after the New Year because people make their “New Year’s resolutions”, basically a list of things that they know for a fact that they are never going to do. Another example of where people need to start doing things instead of just saying they will would be in the American Political system. All you hear nowadays is all of the things they are going to do, but nothing ever happens, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment